Let’s be honest with each other for a bit. No disadvantage to drinking coffee could ever make me give it. Even if coffee was the cause of the gray hair I found last week I’d still drink it. Still, it’s important to know that while coffee works wonders it also has some harmful effects on the body. Here’s some of the benefits and disadvantages of drinking coffee.
- Coffee gets the people going! It increases adrenaline levels in your blood which make you more alert.
- Coffee helps break down fat cells.
- Coffee keeps your brain healthy. Studies show that high caffeine levels in the blood reduce the risk of Alzheimer disease.
- 1-4 cups of coffee a day is associated with lower risk of stroke.
- Coffee boosts serotonin and dopamine levels which elevate your mood.
- Coffee contains a lot of antioxidants which fight free radicals in the body.
- Bad quality coffee can contain a lot of impurities in it that will make you sick.
- Coffee can kill you if you drink too much of it. 80-100 cups in a short session.
- Coffee can cause insomnia if you drink too much of it.
- Coffee can be harmful to fetuses, so reduce intake if pregnant.
- Coffee can increase heartburn and reduce mineral intake.